Monday, March 22, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
He is the first black president in America.
In his campaign for Senate, one of his signature issues was opposition to the war in Iraq, at a time when few politicians were willing to speak against it.
He was very inspirational and thus many voted for him.
That is the reason why I admire him.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
- Teamwork is very important
- If we work together, we can achieve more than if we were to work alone
- To participate is very important
- These pointers have taught me the importance of teamwork and made me realise how important it is for everyone in a team to participate.
If you had another chance to try all the activities, which one will you choose? Why?
- I would choose Rock Climbing as you have to trust that your friend will catch/help to support you if you slip and fall. This activity helps build trust between you and your friends.
- I would like to not be so shy and participate more.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
- What do you understand about the school value "Expanding Our Learning Networks"?
- Why is this value important and how will it help you in your learning experience in SST?
Monday, January 4, 2010
- What do you understand about the school value "Forging Excellence"?
- "Forging Excellence" means doing your best.
- What are the strengths that you think you possessed which cna help you to achieve excellence?
- I was patient. (I think^-^)
- What other attributes and attitudes do you think you should cultivate to excel in the thigns you do?
- I should be more co-operative.
- How can you contribute to help your class succeed?
- I can participate more actively in the group.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
View Places I had been to during this December holiday in a larger map
I went to the Night Safari and saw many animals there. My favourite was the lion. The lion has always been my favourite animal.
This picture is from http://www.nsshotel.com/albums/Our-island-s-attractions/Night_Safari.jpg.
I also went 2 the Jurong Bird Park. I saw may different kinds of beautiful birds there.
This picture is from http://www.cbstour.com /pic/Jurong%20Bird%20Park.jpg.
Lastly, I went to the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. I saw some cute monkeys there. The trees and flowers there were beautiful.
This picture is from http://www.myonlinetour.com/poi/btimahill/pic01.jpg.
View Larger MapSo this is most likely the route I will be using to get to SST.
Google Maps is quite useful as it shows you the different routes you can use to get to where you want to go and an estimated amount of time it will take you to get to the place thus allowing you to decide at what time you should get up from bed and how long you can take in the shower and so on. Not sure about the reliable part yet though.
We could blog about what we learnt that day at sch, everyday. By explaining about what we had learnt that day, we show that we actually understood the day's lessons and if we do not understand something about a lesson, we can also post the question on our blog.